In the bustling city of Rotterdam – the post-war city with modern design running through its veins – Vendu Rotterdam organises biannual specialised Design auctions. This auction puts the 20th and 21st century utensil in the spotlight. Both the viewing days and the sale itself are a hub for professionals, gallery owners, avid collectors and interested individuals who share a love for design.
Your expert for this auction is Marcel Brouwer, a highly qualified appraiser with over 15 years of national and international experience in the field of auctions. Besides being a certified appraiser he also is a publicist and a specialist for several TV programs, such as Tussen Kunst & Kitsch (Dutch Antiques Roadshow). A selection from our offer of Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Post-War modern Design:
- Glassware produced in the Netherlands and abroad, from Leerdam to Gallé glas;
- Earthenware and porcelain of national and international origin, from Rozenburg to Sèvres;
- Designer furniture, from Gerrit Rietveld to Poul Kjaerholm;
- Lighting from 1900 to now;
- 20th century sculptures by national and international sculptors;
- Jugendstil to contemporary silver and metalworks;
- Designer textiles, including tapestries and damask.
Vendu Rotterdam gladly invites you to our Design auctions. We welcome you at one of our viewing days or if you wish to sell items from your collection. You can find an overview of our biannual Design sales and the accompanying viewing days in our calendar.
You can find the current offer in the online catalogue on our website. You can also compose a personal catalogue by selecting your favourite lot numbers, which you can subsequently download or print.